Thursday, June 12, 2008

2Cor 11, 7-15 Satan masquerades as an angel of light

(2Cor 11, 7-15) Satan masquerades as an angel of light
[7] Did I make a mistake when I humbled myself so that you might be exalted, because I preached the gospel of God to you without charge? [8] I plundered other churches by accepting from them in order to minister to you. [9] And when I was with you and in need, I did not burden anyone, for the brothers who came from Macedonia supplied my needs. So I refrained and will refrain from burdening you in any way. [10] By the truth of Christ in me, this boast of mine shall not be silenced in the regions of Achaia. [11] And why? Because I do not love you? God knows I do! [12] And what I do I will continue to do, in order to end this pretext of those who seek a pretext for being regarded as we are in the mission of which they boast. [13] For such people are false apostles, deceitful workers, who masquerade as apostles of Christ. [14] And no wonder, for even Satan masquerades as an angel of light. [15] So it is not strange that his ministers also masquerade as ministers of righteousness. Their end will correspond to their deeds.
(CCC 565) From the beginning of his public life, at his baptism, Jesus is the "Servant", wholly consecrated to the redemptive work that he will accomplish by the "baptism" of his Passion. (CCC 531) During the greater part of his life Jesus shared the condition of the vast majority of human beings: a daily life spent without evident greatness, a life of manual labour. His religious life was that of a Jew obedient to the law of God (Cf. Gal 4:4), a life in the community. From this whole period it is revealed to us that Jesus was "obedient" to his parents and that he "increased in wisdom and in stature, and in favour with God and man" (Lk 2:51-52).

No comments: