Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Gal 6, 15-18 I bear the marks of Jesus on my body

(Gal 6, 15-18) I bear the marks of Jesus on my body
[15] For neither does circumcision mean anything, nor does uncircumcision, but only a new creation. [16] Peace and mercy be to all who follow this rule and to the Israel of God. [17] From now on, let no one make troubles for me; for I bear the marks of Jesus on my body. [18] The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit, brothers. Amen.
(CCC 2028) "All Christians… are called to the fullness of Christian life and to the perfection of charity" (LG 40 § 2). "Christian perfection has but one limit, that of having none" (St. Gregory of Nyssa, De vita Mos.: PG 44, 300D). (CCC 2029) "If any man would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me" (Mt 16:24).

No comments: