Friday, August 20, 2010

Jdt 9, 9-10 Give me, a widow, the strong hand

(Jdt 9, 9-10) Give me, a widow, the strong hand

[9] See their pride, and send forth your wrath upon their heads. Give me, a widow, the strong hand to execute my plan. [10] With the guile of my lips, smite the slave together with the ruler, the ruler together with his servant; crush their pride by the hand of a woman.

(CCC 2568) In the Old Testament, the revelation of prayer comes between the fall and the restoration of man, that is, between God's sorrowful call to his first children: "Where are you?... What is this that you have done?" (Gen 3:9, 13) and the response of God's only Son on coming into the world: "Lo, I have come to do your will, O God" (Heb 10:5-7). Prayer is bound up with human history, for it is the relationship with God in historical events.

No comments: