Saturday, March 12, 2011

Isa 29, 11-13 Their hearts are far from me

(Isa 29, 11-13) Their hearts are far from me

[11] For you the revelation of all this has become like the words of a sealed scroll. When it is handed to one who can read, with the request, "Read this," he replies, "I cannot; it is sealed." [12] When it is handed to one who cannot read, with the request, "Read this," he replies, "I cannot read." [13] The Lord said: Since this people draws near with words only and honors me with their lips alone, though their hearts are far from me, And their reverence for me has become routine observance of the precepts of men,

(CCC 368) The spiritual tradition of the Church also emphasizes the heart, in the biblical sense of the depths of one's being, where the person decides for or against God (Cf. Jer 31:33; Dt 6:5; 29:3; Isa 29:13; Ezek 36:26; Mt 6:21; Lk 8:15; Rom 5:5).

No comments: