Saturday, August 15, 2015

Youcat commented through CCC - Question n. 64 Part III.




YOUCAT Question n. 64 Part III. - Why did God create man male and female?


(Youcat answer - repeated) God, who is love and the archetype of community, created man male and female so that together they might be an image of his nature.        

A deepening through CCC

(CCC 416) By his sin Adam, as the first man, lost the original holiness and justice he had received from God, not only for himself but for all human beings. 416

Reflecting and meditating 

(Youcat comment) God made man in such a way that he is male or female and longs for fulfillment and completion in an encounter with the opposite sex. Men and women have absolutely the same dignity, but in the creative development of their masculinity and femininity they give expression to different aspects of God’s perfection. God is not male or female, but he has shown himself to be both fatherly (Lk 6:36) and motherly (Is 66:13). In the love of man and woman, especially in the community of marriage, in which man and woman become “one flesh” (Gen 2:24), people are privileged to sense something of the happiness of the union with God in which every man finds his ultimate wholeness. Just as God’s love is faithful, so also their love seeks to be faithful; and it is creative, as God is, because from marriage new life comes forth.    

(CCC Comment)

(CCC 260) The ultimate end of the whole divine economy is the entry of God's creatures into the perfect unity of the Blessed Trinity (Cf. Jn 17:21-23). But even now we are called to be a dwelling for the Most Holy Trinity: "If a man loves me", says the Lord, "he will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him, and make our home with him": (Jn 14:23). O my God, Trinity whom I adore, help me forget myself entirely so to establish myself in you, unmovable and peaceful as if my soul were already in eternity. May nothing be able to trouble my peace or make me leave you, O my unchanging God, but may each minute bring me more deeply into your mystery! Grant my soul peace. Make it your heaven, your beloved dwelling and the place of your rest. May I never abandon you there, but may I be there, whole and entire, completely vigilant in my faith, entirely adoring, and wholly given over to your creative action (Prayer of Blessed Elizabeth of the Trinity).     

(This question: Why did God create man male and female? is continued)

No comments: